Monday, May 21, 2012

Milestones April 2012

The month of April 2012 was been the craziest month in my career
AND my personal life was just as eventFULL!

The LINK OPEN HOUSE

I had many events for the LiNK club in the month of April! And WOW, that was a lot of planning, prepping, organizing, shopping, budgeting, calculating, ordering, setting up, tearing down, writing checks to venders, and writing reports! PHEW!

 "Decorating Ideas" ladies luncheon with local designer Karen

Towards the end of April, a few members of the LiNK club went to Des Moines for a day trip on April 27th. We toured the Des Moines Art Center, the Iowa State Historical Museum, and had lunch at a fancy  restaurant called Barrattas. They had fab healthy and tasty food and a front row seat to the scenic downtown of Des Moines. With full tummies we then went out for dessert- aka shopping! Junk Jubilee is a hot new annual event in downtown Des Moines, vendors from near and far display their goods transformed junk into art and creative treasures. I was in awe!!! This place was beaming with creativity at every turn!

Junk Jubilee Des Moines, IA

After Junk Jubilee we had gourmet dinner catered at the Civic Center of Greater Des Moines before the Memphis Musical performance.


John {my hubs} was able to come meet up with us for the Memphis performance and he loved it! The Memphis musical performace left us all awestruck! The performers had the most amazing voices I have ever heard LIVE! The main actress/performer was especially amazing and seriously talented!
 I got chills throughout the entire performance and John was talking about their voices weeks after the performance! It was definitely the whipped cream and cherry on top of a wonderful day trip : ) 
~
Not only was April full of work related events but 
April also holds my birthday {now 27}
and on April 23rd our 2 year anniversary!

An eventful month indeed!

AND THATS NOT ALL!
 last month we found out we had to find a new place to live!
On April 5th our land lord informed us our house was sold and we had 30 days to be out!

I prayed. And prayed. God please help us, I trust you to open the doors. And boy did God come through in a powerful way.
We have just moved into the city were John and I both work. The president's daughter of the bank I work at has had their home on the market and they said we could move in! Its a nice updated home about 1 mile or so from work. No commuting, or wasting 20 minutes to and from work, savings on gas will be immense!
I just think about how if I hadn't gotten a job here 2 years ago who knows what would have happend. I am just amazed how God orchestrates everything in His perfect timing, He always proves Himeself faithful.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
 who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

I am just  LOOOOOOOOOVING  the whole process of organizing and redecorating right now!  Unlike cleaning,  I just like the result of cleaning, but organizing? I enjoy the whole process and the result! Can you relate? Haha....
Thanks all for being patient on my lack of posting! The whole process of moving has consumed my life.  Do you ever feel like your life is in COMPLETE chaos until your house is in order???

More consistant posts to come after my house is in order and all blissfully organized : )

Pictures of our new home coming as sooon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment