Friday, January 6, 2012

Highlights from 2011

2011 a year of
Challenges and Miracles

One of the most painful challenges our family 
has ever faced
was just this last summer.

In June 2011, to our horrific shock,

my brother Phillip only 23  was diagnosed with a brain tumor near the center of his brain, the size of a walnut!

We found out days before he was to lead an annual mission’s trip
to Honduras through my parent’s ministry.  
 {Impact Ministries International} 
{faithfully feeds and supports over 6,000 orphans 
and the poor across the world}

He has a heart for the poor and is a servant of the Lord
and a fighter for the lost, just like our dad.

 Just days after his diagnosis, 


Phil was scheduled to have major brain surgery 
to remove the tumor
on July 1st the day of 
Phil's 24th birthday,
Taken 2 years before surgery
This all came on us all so quickly and abruptly! How could this be happening?!

He is on his last year as a law student studying to become an adoption lawyer to help 
I.M.I. orphans into healthy loving homes.

He’s engaged to a most courageous and beautiful young woman, Jessy who has been so strong through this extremely difficult time.
Surely God has a promising future for him!

We all clung to this hope, 
this could not be the end for him.

God showed us his faithfulness and 
confirmed the right surgeon.

This particular surgeon is one of the 
best neurologist surgeons for this procedure
 in the country!
 If that isn’t the favor of God!!!! 

Phillip ended up moving the brain surgery till after the missions trip!!!!


 Now that takes some guts!
He made it through what was supposed
 to be an 8 hour procedure

  in just 3 1/2 hours!

He is now amazingly almost fully recovered.

 It happened so quickly, 
almost like it didnt happen at all...

 that is 


until you experience the scar
Phil now bares as evidence.




As painful and sobering as this time was,
 the Lord was with him the whole time, 


Glory and Honor to God who heard the countless prayers that were pleaded on Phil's behalf!!!


The Lord showed his favor and mercy and
 brought us all through this terrible storm.


~ ~ ~

To my dear brother Phil, 

Through this hardship you have shown tremendous, inhuman strength. 

The laughter you could bring yourself to even though 


you were going through so much turmoil, 


the kindness you shown that older nurse who  had no children, 


even in the most trying time in your life you were still thinking of others!


And all the people who came to support you through. 

 Quite the entourage!

We were given a glimpse into all those you have


 impacted in your mere 23 years.

God isn’t done with you yet! 


God’s general in the making.


There are no words to say how proud I am of you,

and how honored I am to call you my brother.

Love you,

Tasha bears


There is a time for everything,
and a season
for every activity under the heavens

Ecclesiastes 3


***


NEXT BLOG POST

IN 2011 ONE OF MY DREAMS 
SINCE CHILDHOOD
CAME TRUE!


2011 HIGHLIGHTS to be CONTINUED












2 comments:

CEO said...

I must type this, To my dear brother Phillip, I am thankful you made it through, as so everone else. You have been very trustworthy to me as a friend and a good spiritual brother, as to hold me accountable. I am truly thakful God has placed you in the path of my life. If I were asked by Jesus himself, who reflects the gentleness of my Spirit, and loves all, I would remind him of my broter Phil. I'll never forget the picture posted above, selfless when I see it in the Spirit of our Lord.

Tana said...

That was beautiful....Phil is a wonderful man of God and we are so grateful for him!

Post a Comment